Wednesday 20 August 2014

Kibak's house Raya Memory

I kept getting in mind that this year raya would be the same as the past raya. visiting our relatives, my friends coming over at my house, eating kuih raya that we do not have at home and others. but I was wrong. instead, my whole family spend raya at only my grandfather’s house whom we call ‘kibak’.
Kibak was a very respected man. He used to be one of the active member of UMNO in the way back to the Merdeka era. He was one of the figure that manage to go to Kuala Lumpur to be against the formation of Malayan Union. When UMNO in Terengganu went through political unrest and affairs, kibak sacrifice his position as ADUN Batu Rakit to Datuk Nik Hassan in 1972 as the new MB of Terengganu.
All I can say is that kibak was once a very influential figure. I respect and admire him so much. back to the main story, when our family decided that we are going to spend the whole week of raya at kibak’s house I was like “what the hell”. I know its not nice of me to say that, but what about my plan I had think of, how am I gonna eat kuih raya at my mom’s cousins house (believe me they got really delicious kuih raya available at their house. don’t know how they got it. hope my mom bought it next time) and what about my friends visit to their teacher’s house(which is also my house).i got those thought on my mind. We spend the whole day and night at kibak’s house. when we got back home? in the morning. Yes. We get back home just to take our morning bath and changed clothes. We do it in shift. First car went home early before subuh and second car at about 7-8 a.m as I got 10 family member.so half and half as the car that we have is just a Prius and a very ancient (at least to me)  Perodua Kelisa that was bought when I am still 7 years old.yeah.7 years old. That car is already 11 years old and I cant wait for it to break down so that my dad will buy a new car.
Anyway, back to the point, we shift like that every morning for the whole week. I was like bored already with this kind of life. even my duit raya for this year is just little. Does not even stuck on my teeth. but that does not mean that I am not willing to take care of my dying grandfather. I am sad too that kibak is going to leave us forever. But the situation on this house is a little bit different to me. As in the story or drama, when people are dying they mourn. well I can as well say that I expected that to happen. But expect the unexpected. We seems to be happy to be able to gather together and spend most of our time at kibak’s house. It was like that kibak’s dying brought us together. At some point, I felt happiness came through.
I used to be very close to my relatives when our family live in kibak’s house. But when we move out, and my mom had to change school in ‘kampung’, we all had to do so. After that, we are not as close as before as we cannot meet everyday, play together and many other things that we used to do like before. Everytime we met as we grows up we feel awkward to each other. But everything change at kibak’s house this year. We all got closed together again as we used to be in the past years when we are still a little children. This year raya was the most priceful and the most valuable memory of my life. Everyday we chit chatting like there is no end, cook and eat maggi together, make Milo at night and share it together, play video games together and many others. No words could describe how meaningfull these experience are to me. This memories, I will perish it all my life.

Taken in Raya 2007..the whole family from my mom's side

Kibak,by the name of  Dato’ Mansor Bin Mohamad,  died on 31 July 2014 at the age of 89 at around  6:30 p.m and was buried at about 9:30 a.m at Tanah Perkuburan Islam Kampung Kubang Parit on 1 August 2014. May ALLAH bless him. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment